Production Blog: Makeup

 So today I went ahead and went shopping for all the makeup products I needed for the second half of the opening. Granted, ia already had most of the things I needed because i'm an avid makeup user, but I aimed to go for something a little different this time so I needed more products. SO, basically the inspiration for the makeup in the second half goes something along the lines of this picture right here. *insert pic* 

Since I wanted the main character to look more mature in the second half I think this is fitting. I'm going to need a darker concealer and cream contour here. I wanted to use these products to give the main character a more lifted/sculpted face to show maturity. This is also meant to show change in character as we see that she gets older. These are the products that I got to help me achieve this look. *insert pic* For reference, the are only the products that I didn't already use last time.


Now, what I plan to do is start of with a primer base to give the illusion of smoother skin since she's older now. and instead of using a really bright concealer that makes the makeup look a little ashy, i plan to mix 2 colors that would compliment the main character's skin tone well. Then, instead of going heavy on blush like I did in the first half of the film to symbolize youth, I'll go for a more bronzed look this time. Speaking of contour, I'm going to go heavier on counter this time around because I want her features to look much sharper. This time I also plan to use a lash primer to excentuate her lashes to make her look more grown up as well. hopefully i can pull this look off with ease. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start