Coca-Cola Commercial Reflection


 My product uses the conventions by including the core things found in a typical coca-cola commercial. this includes he strategic placements of the product in the frame of the shot, the coca-cola icon, the display family members bonding over a coca-cola, and the use of upbeat music as the score. I did my best to include as many as I could to make it look like a legitimate coca-cola commercial. I think the primary social group may commercial represents is family. The main theme that my commercial displayed was the bonding of 2 daily members over a coca-cola. 

My product engages with the audience by showing situations that nearly everyone can relate to. For example, frustration with school work and bad/ mediocre days. I used these scenarios to show that no matter the situation, a coca-cola drink will always make it better. My product would distributed as a real media text through television or video streaming platforms like YouTube. It could be shown during commercial breaks or as an ad before a YouTube video starts.

In my opinion, my production skills developed to a moderate extent while doing this project. I learned how to different angles impact the quality of a shot. I also learned important factors like lighting, equipment, and setting also play a role in the quality of a shot as well. I'd also like to add that I never understood how important planning and having a backup plan was until I did this project. I encountered a few minor setbacks and had to refer to my backup plan to be able to get the project done. Those are just some of the major things I picked up while working on my commercial, other than that I've just tried to change the way I edit to make my product look better.

I integrated software, hardware, and online into my project by using my MacBook Air to use iMovie, an editing software, and I used my iPhone to airdrop the shots I took to my laptop. When I used my imported those clips to my laptop and put all of them into iMovie and cut them down to my desired length. Once I did that, I added transitions to the clips to avoid choppiness. Afterwards, I edited the colors of the clips in the beginning to make them look more dull than the ones at the end. Then, I added music in the background for the score. It took longer than I expected but I think that the more I incorporate these technologies into my future projects, the better I will get at using them and creating higher quality videos in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start