Editing Blog: Prom Queen in Progress

 I started editing yesterday, December 6th, 2020. I started with Airdropping the shots I took on my phone to my MacBook. Then, I transferred them to my photo gallery in order for me to use them in iMovie. Once they were all successfully imported into the software, I put them in their intended orders as they were on my storyboard. Then, I added the song then trimmed it down to one minute. After that, I took my time and trimmed the individual clips down to my desired length. This went well until about the scene where the girl contemplates putting makeup on to look more like the woman in the picture. At this point I've realized that the scene was too short. I ended up having to extend the next scene to compensate for the seconds missed. This is where it started to get a bit difficult to match up with the pacing of the music. Because of this one mishap, it became harder to match the scenes to their corresponding lyrics. I don't think it would be incredibly noticeable without knowledge of how its "supposed" to look. I now know that I should've recorded for a longer time than I originally had to. This could've been due to poor planning or purely on accident. Either way, it was really unfortunate that I couldn't do much about the clip being too short. I had to improvise and get things back on track so that the ending wouldn't look bad. Majority of the time the I spent editing was cutting these clips down because they were so long. I honestly have no idea how I messed up so bad on that one clip considering I was aware go how long it was supposed to be. The transition between the clips was a bit awkward despite adding a transition too. After I got the general format of the video down, I began editing the colors on the scenes. I wanted the scenes to be dull in the start and gradually get brighter and more colorful as the scenes progress. Nearing the ends noticed that it looks almost rushed because of how fast the scenes were going. Theres nothing I can do about though, the song is naturally fast paced. Overall it look me about 3 hours to edit the whole thing together.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start