Production Blog: Filming

So, today I conducted my first filming blog. First I started with setting up the areas I was going to use to film, which was way easier and less time consuming since I did it on Friday. Then, I got into costume, which I had already planned out since Friday as well. Then, it came to makeup,, which wad the most time consuming overall. Even though I did practice what kind of look I was going for on Friday, I changed my mind a little because I didn't want the main character to look too old for her age. So, I kept the makeup simple and nothing dramatic because she's supposed to be a freshman in scenes 1-4. But, no matter how simple a look is, it still takes a long time to get done. A picture is included below. I ended up changing the hairstyle I planned as well. I was gonna have her with long hair from beginning to end but I figured that wouldn't make much sense because I plan on doing a time-skip so I used a short wig instead. I styled it in a half up- half down style with a blue scrunchie. I started by shooting the 3rd panel on my storyboard, which was the MC walking through the door of her apartment. I set up my camera in my tripod and set it up on my dining table where it could capture our MC coming through the door. I did this a couple times because I kept looking at the camera while walking in and it was at an awkward angle at first. Then there's the clip of her throwing her bag to the floor and walking off which just incorporated into this clip instead of making them separate. Then, for the clip of her walking to her room I used handheld camera movement by just extending my tripod about 2 feet away from my face and walking with it in hand. I thought it looked a bit awkward at first but I settled because I didn't think of any other way to do it. Then, I recorded the scenes of her taking her jacket off along with her shoes and doing to sit at her desk where she has a mini mental breakdown. She then opens up her laptop to talk to her friend about her struggle. I said I was doing to execute his part over text message but I want exactly sure. I decided that that I might as well shoot this part in 2 different ways and decide which one I want when i'm done. The first way was via text message which was the original plan and the second was via FaceTime call. I gave her a flexible script and we did both ways and recorded it. This is where I stoped for the day because I started to get really dark out and I needed sunlight to continue. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start