Production Blog: Editing

Today I did some editing for my blog, which I dot normally do this early into a project. Well, I wouldn't necessarily say early but I usually start the editing process when ive gathered all my clips This time I rememnederd what happened with my last project, sometimes I recorded some clips to be longer/shorter than they had to be and it threw off the timing a little but. To prevent that mistake here, I just started editing the clips on the scenes I already have. I think this is also beneficial because it takes a little away from the workload that comes with editing all in one. This gives me an accurate representation of how much time ive used up and how much I have left to shoot the scenes I need to shoot. And it allows me to get out some of the font ideas I planned out and how well they fit on the screen. Anyways, I starts ed with scenes 1-4 becasue those are the ones that already had finished. I used the same editing software ive been using all year, iMovie. First I imported the clips onto my phone because its easier to cut the video from my phone. Then once I got them all to my desired length, I transferred them to my MacBook so that I could get them on to iMovie. Then I imported the song I planned to youse. I did this by converting the YouTube video it was on into an mp3 file and then using that as the music.Then I adjusted the music to my liking (making sure it wasnt too loud that you couldn't hear any of the sounds present in the actual scene). Then, I pieces the videos in order to accurately represent the events in the storyboard (some panels get erased or were done in a different way). At this point i've got about less than a minute of footage, which is good I think because there's a lot to unpack from here to the 2 minute mark. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start