Filming Blog: Prom Queen-ish

I started filming on Friday, November 27th. I gathered all my materials, including props, during the day and started actually filming takes at around 4pm. The first thing I did was print out all the pictures I needed and and put them in their proper positions. Then I placed the props in their proper positions as well. I got together all the costumes I needed for today and put them in a bin so that transitions between outfits would take very long. Then, I set up my tripod to start filming, which took a little while because it was first time using one but I got the hang of it pretty soon. I planned on shooting the first 6 scenes of the music video today but I needed up doing the 7th scene as well because it was more convenient for me. With the being said, today was the easiest day of filming since I didn't have to do any makeup and just one minor outfit change. One problem that I ran into today though was lighting. Due to daylight savings time and Florida's unpredictable weather, during the day it wasn't very bright and natural lighting can be inconsistent. I couldn't really do much about the lighting today and it wasn't horrible but there was definitely room for improvement. Timing was also tricky for me while filming. As the director, I did want to adhere to the original plan that I had which was having the shots be the the same length as the amount of time that it took for the artist to sing the lyrics. I did my best to but I do think that some of the scenes were a bit longer or shorter than they were planned to be. For example, the 3rd scene where had to quickly tape 3 pictures to a mirror in the span of about 5/6 seconds. I have not started editing yet so it might not be such a bad thing if I can just get the shots down to my desired length. Also, out of all the scenes I shot today, the 2nd one was the hardest for me. I had to change the orientation of the camera multiple times and took multiple takes because I didn't like the way that most of the turned out. Since this was just the beginning stages of the music video, nothing super interesting is there to really look at so its all a part of the story leading up to the very end. it isn't very Prom Queen-ish and won't be until I film the next 7 scenes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start