Production Blog: Costumes

Today my costumes came in the mail today. So I created the outfit combination I plan to use for the second half of the opening. The items that I will be using is a navy blue plaid pleated skirt and a white chiffon top with a tweed blazer. I decided to get this outfit for my costume because in the second part of the opening the main character is supposed to be older. This is in direct contrast to the main chapters first outfit which was a lot lighter in color to symbolize youth. The first outfit was paid with short hair and half-up half-down styled hair with a blue scrunchie. In this second half there will be no scrunchie. She will have long hair this time to show growth. But since my costumes came in a little late today I decided to not do a try on and instead just show it in the picture below. I kept the schoolgirl theme the same throughout because the main character is obviously still supposed to be a student. The only difference is that she's 2 years younger than her present day self in the first couple of scenes. Thats why I chose semi-formal attire that led me to the pleated skirts. The darker, older outfit is representative of the characters maturity, and the long hair shows the same. With this costume arrangement I hope to get the point across that a lot of time has gone by that causes the major changes in physical appearance we see here. and the first outfit looked a lot more disorganized and childish, which was intentional. the juxtaposition I made with the second outfit thats more put -together and mature says a lot about the internal changes within the main character too. I hope to see that these costumes can show this change in character through the screen With that being said, the picture is attached below. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start