Title Research: Watch the Titles Website

Today I did a bit of research on Titles on watchthetitles.com. This website gives a multitude of examples of titles in movie, which is great for grasping the concept of how to make one. When I first went to the site, there were a bunch of different categories but the one that I came there for was "Event Titles". This category pulled examples from movies and put them on their site. This was extremely beneficial to me because at first, there was a little confusion in what exactly a title was. After viewing about 8 examples from different movies it helped be better understand the concept of it. It's an opening sequence to a movie. They all showcase small aspects of the movie, just enough to give the watcher a gist of what it'll be about but not enough to spoil the plot. These titles also include a variety of animations and fonts that help the words on the screen match the feel of the video. For example, there's a title to a sci-fi movie, its unlikely that will include floating bubble letters; you're more likely to see typewriter-esque font and smooth and professional animations that would contribute and not take away from the point of the movie. Overall, I've learned a lot from this site and its definitely my favorite out of al the ones I've been on to grow my knowledge on titles. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start