Filming Blog: Prom Queen

I filmed the 2nd half of my project today, November 28th. I filmed the last 7 scenes of my music video today. I started off with the same outfit I wore in the previous scene to prevent inconsistency throughout the music video. I fixed the lighting issue that I had on the day before also. Im not sure how big of a contrast it will create when I edit the clips together but hopefully it isn't that noticeable that the lighting changed halfway throughout the song. This is the day that I used majority of the props like plastic wrap and multiple makeup products along with markers as well. I would say that filming today went well for the most part. When it was time for me to shot the montage of the subject's makeup process it was a little tedious and time consuming. As a result, it drained my battery pretty quickly and I frequently had to charge my phone between scenes. One of the most difficult scenes to shoot was the 10th scene where the girl takes the plastic wrap out of her mouth. Being the director and the actor was what made it difficult I think. Having the plastic wrap in my mouth was really uncomfortable so I frequently messed up the shots because It made me feel like I was going to gag. Then, in the 12th scene where the girl is comparing herself to the woman in the picture, I wasn't too sure on how I was going to do this shot but I ultimately decided on a close up on my face and the picture. Then came the hardest parts of filming today, the outfit change into the dress. On my storyboard, in the 11th scene I was planning to have the subject look at herself In the mirror while zipping her dress but that didn't work out. I didn't like the way that the shots were coming out so I changed it to her looking in the mirror fixing her hair with the dress already on. Although it isn't really the same, I feel like this change had to be made to better the quality of the music video. This brings me to the last scene where the girl is standing in her dress with her makeup done and is still unhappy. out of all the scenes I shot today this was the most difficult. I had to put water droplets on my face to make it look like I was crying but at the same time I didn't want to ruin the makeup too much. I ended up re-doing this scene about 11 times before I got the one that I liked the most. I had to do often touch-ups between takes because the water was causing the makeup to drip. Overall, filming for today took me about 5 hours today. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start