CCR Blog


I think that my product, the Prom Queen music video, uses and challenges many conventions of music videos. some of the following include, telling a story over time, captivating visuals and lyric and visual correlation. My music video told the story of a girl that struggles with self image and tries to become someone she's not over the course of the music video in hopes hat she too can become the perfect "Prom Queen". My product also incorporates lyric and visual correlation in many scenes. One of the most notable being when the lyrics say "Theres plastic wrap in my cheeks" where the girl removes the plastic wrap she put in her checks to make them appear fuller like the woman I the picture. There weren't many conventions that I used specifically from the alternative rock genre but that's because the theme of the music video wasn't supposed to be "edgy" like most alternative rock music videos are. In this particular music video, the issue being represented is insecurity. This is an issue that is prevalent among teenagers with low self esteem and lack of confidence in their skin. This is where I got the theme when I was storyboarding for the concept of the music video.

I believe that my product engages with its audience through telling a story that many people may be able to relate to. The song I chose, prom queen, is a very popular song that many people enjoy. The lyrics of the song also share the theme in a way that the audience can understand with the use of a visual aid. In my product I incorporated the lyrics into the visual aspect of my music video also to help the audience engage with the theme that is being conveyed. As a real media text my product would be distributed on video streaming platforms like Youtube. 

My production skills developed to a great extent throughout my time working in this project. Ive incorporated new technologies while working on the production of my project. With the use of a tripod with a mount I was able to capture better angles without having a shaky camera. I also used a Bluetooth remote that connects to my phone to start and stop recording. without me having to touch it. These two items alone have drastically improved the quality of my filming process. I try to use the flaws of my previous projects and use them to find ways that I can improve only next one. That is exactly what I did here. Regarding editing, I used tutorials from Youtube for some editing tips to help my music video flow well. This was really helpful especially since I made a mistake while filming that caused issues while I was editing. I even used videos for concept ideas on how to execute a story in a music video. this is something that I did for this project specifically to make it better than the lat one. Everything I did here from the brainstorming process down to editing and finalizing my music video ran smooch smoother thanks to my improved production skills. 

I integrated many types of technology while working in this project. Ive used a couple of the same tech items from my last project like my iPhone XR to film and my MacBook to edit. This time around I used a bluetooth remote that connected to my phone so that I could start and stop filming hands free. Also bought a tripod to hold my phone for better still shots while filming. I used my printer to print out all the pictures I needed as props too. This was extremely beneficial because majority of the shots that I filmed came out exactly the way I wanted them to. Regarding software, I didn't use anything much other iMovie to edit my music video. I used the Photos app on my iPhone to trim the video down because iMovie wouldn't let me get the video down to my desired length. I also used a Youtube video to mp3 converter to get the audio to import into iMovie. I downloaded the audio onto my iPhone then Airdropped it to my Macbook so could import it to iMovie to trim it down to a minute. I also used PicsArt, a photo and video editing app,  to create the "Shut Up! Count your calories!" page from the magazine seen in the first scene. Overall, I've used a lot more hardware and software. in my project this time around and I think it made the quality of my product better than it would've been if I didn't use them.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start