Planning for my Music Video


 The title of the song that I will be doing my music video for is Prom Queen. This song is by an artist named Beach Bunny.

For my props I will be using a variety of objects throughout the duration of the video. This ranges from full length mirrors, printed pictures, plastic wrap, pencils, markers, a flat iron, a magazine, scissors, and makeup products.

Regarding costumes, I'll be using a mix of tattered clothing, normal/everyday wear, and formal clothing. Throughout the music video there will be many costume changes because of the progression in storyline. In the beginning of the song where it says, "I'll never look good in mom jeans", mom jeans will be what the subject is wearing, which falls in the category of everyday wear. Along with mom jeans, the subject will be wearing a simple top which also falls into the category of every clothing. Then, another outfit change will occur mid-song where the subject will be wearing a tattered top with shorts. And in the very last scenes, the subject will be seen in a formal dress where the song says "I was never cut out for prom queen". That would be the ending of the song. 

For my schedule, I plan on storyboarding and Friday, November 20th. Then, I will start the filming process on Sunday, November 22nd. By this time, my tripod should be coming in the mail so it would be the perfect time to start filming. I'll be using multiple days to shoot all the scenes so I plan on using my time wisely. Therefore, I'll. have 2 filming blogs and 1 editing blog. I will start editing on the December 1st and add any final touches to finalize my music video.

The location of the place I will be filming at is my house. All of my scenes will be be filmed here since that's where the story is taking place.

With a big project like this, some things may not go according to plan so the following is my backup plan. If something goes on wrong on the day I start to film I can always start filming the day after that and still have enough time to get everything done. The best part about this is, since the only location I will be at is my house, there are few outside factors that could interfere with the plan. for costumes, I have multiple pairs of mom jeans so if something happens to the pair I plan to use I have plenty of backup. Same goes for the formal dress, I have plenty so it shouldn't be a problem if I don't get to use the one I intended to. It would be preferred if I got the pictures I need professionally printed but if not, I do have a printer at home so if needed I could print them myself. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start