Introduction to the Music Video Project

 This is the introduction to the new project I will be working on, the music video project. I will be working on my own yet again for this project. This is because I don't really have anyone to work with. These days especially when it's harder for people to be able to work together because of the pandemic. Now that I know what its like working on my own on a project, I know what I will need to do here to optimize my results. Also, I feel like I don't work too well with people because there's a lot of things that could go wrong with communication. Also, there's the possibility that they may become flaky or not do their part. I feel that it's best for me, personally to work alone. 

The name of the song I chose is Prom Queen by Beach Bunny. I had a really hard time choosing which song I wanted to do but I ultimately decided on this one. Reason being, I think its its an amazing song with a strong message that some people, like myself could relate to. Its a relatively short song so that would make it easier for me to trim down to the part I want to use in for my final product. I also chose this song because it isn't a part of mainstream music, its alternative rock music, which I think will add a nice touch to my music video since it has a unique sound that most people haven't heard before. Ive also thought about how I will incorporate the lyrics into my final product as well. The song uses strong sensory words that I could as imagery in the music video. Underlying messages will also be considered. This includes eating disorders and a strong sense of self-inadequacy. Though these themes are a bit taboo, they still should be represented to appeal to a particular social group or audience. Overall, I feel like I have so much flexibility with this song and I like the fact that it's genre isn't mainstream. These were the primary reasons why I picked it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start