Planning for my Coca-Cola Commercial

Because I decided that my product was going to be a Coca-Cola commercial, the props will be mostly red and white and include many cans of Coca-Cola. As for costumes, in my commercial the two subjects will be wearing everyday clothing. Clothing items like jeans or shorts and a tank top or t-shirt would be ideal. The actors are supposed to look basic, like common people you’d encounter when going about your day. I’ll avoid dark or eccentric clothing that could potentially take away from the feel of a regular Coca-Cola commercial. Even though the costumes will be basic, it’d be ideal for them to look vibrant and fun since Coca-Cola is a brand heavily associated with the feeling of happiness. Regarding my schedule, I plan on researching the conventions and codes on October 23rd. I’ll also plan the props, schedule, list of locations, and a backup plan on the same day. On October 25th I will be making the storyboard for my commercial. I will be filming all the shots I need on October 29th during the daytime. Lastly, on the 30th I will be editing and adding the final touches to my 30 second commercial. I have a variety of locations that I’m planning to film. Those include my room, the pool, and on a balcony. In my room I plan to shoot one subject sitting at a study desk, visibly frustrated with work before taking a sip of Coca-Cola. At the pool I will shoot a subject that is hot and fatigued before taking a sip of Coca-Cola. On a balcony I plan on filming 2 subjects bonding together over a coke. This is to emphasize the meaning of their slogan, “Together Tastes Better”. All these different locations show how a coke can make any situation better. Concerning my backup plan, if it ends up raining on the day I decide to film I will utilize that to my ability to enforce the narrative that even on rainy days, you can still enjoy a Coca-Cola. For the pool scene, I could shoot indoors in my living room instead. It may not sound like it’ll have the same effect but, in a scenario where the air conditioning is broken, a Coca-Cola could easily be a refresher that will brighten the mood. This gives the same message as the pool scene but in a different way.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start