Filming Blog: Coca-Cola Everywhere

 On Friday, October 31st, I started the filming process. It was raining that day despite the forecast saying it would be sunny so instead of shooting the pool scene, I opted for my backup plan instead. I shot a scene in my living room as a replacement just in case this would happen. I think it ended up coming out well and corresponded well with the balcony scene. Before filming these two scenes, I shot the first scene in my room. This scene was of a subject frustrated with doing homework. Then, second scene was shot on the living room with 2 subjects that are hot because there's no air conditioning. The next scene I shot was the balcony scene where there were 2 subjects sitting together on the balcony, not taking to each other. After that, I had to prepare 3 sets of Coca-Cola drinks. This was probably the hardest to film even though it was really simple. It rewired a lot of coca-cola because I had to do multiple takes and we kept running out. I settled on 2 separate 2.5 second long shots at the end for this scene. Then we went back to the room to shoot the desk scene again but this time the subject had a coca-cola and was calmer than she was before. I also went back to the. balcony to shoot the second part, after the subjects drank the coca-cola. Acting was a little bit of a problem throughout this process because neither I or any of the subjects were good at acting or faking expressions but that's just something that I have to work on in the future. I finished all my takes before dark and it took a little over 2 hours in total. All in all, I think the filming process went okay. Ive learned a lot and will be sure to apply what I've learned to future filming projects.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Photoshopping

Genre Research: Lady Bird

Shantaneil: The Start